So, you’ve just got engaged and are already planning your big day. Naturally, you will want every aspect to be perfect and as individual as you, so to make sure everything runs smoothly, we have put together a handy wedding day checklist to help you plan every detail:
Wedding Day Checklist: 12-18 months before you get married:
- Choose a budget and stick to it. Be realistic to avoid overspending.
- Purchase a wedding planning notebook to keep organised. Print off our handy wedding day checklist and tick each item off as you go.
- Set your date so you can begin the countdown.
- Decide on your venue – do you want an all inclusive package, or a blank canvas like Cefn Tilla Court to make your own?
- Decide who will be invited – will you have a separate day and evening guest list?
- Book your church, if you are getting married in a church or registrar if you aren’t.
- Arrange a marquee if you need one. Luckily, Cefn Tilla Court benefits from a permanent marquee so that’s one less thing to arrange for you.
- Take out wedding insurance so you are covered if anything goes wrong down the line.
- Create your own wedding website/wedding blog/ wedding Pinterest board to keep track or your ideas and plans for the big day.
Wedding Day Checklist: 9-12 months before you get married:
- Pick your bridesmaids, ushers, maid of honour, and best man.
- Tell your guests to ‘Save the Date’.
- Think about the style of wedding photography you would like and book a photographer and/or videographer
- Book transport – are you dreaming of horse drawn carriages or perhaps a Bentley?
- Find a DJ and/or a band so your guests can boogie the night away. Think about which song you would like playing during your first dance.
- Sample a selection of wedding meals and choose a menu. Will you choose a sit down meal, or a buffet style?
- Book the catering for the evening guests – if you’ve eaten enough hog roasts for a lifetime, why not try a fish & chip van, BBQ, Indian food, or something completely different?
- Make an appointment with a wedding dress boutique and pick your dress.
Wedding Day Checklist: 6-9 months before you get married:
- Choose and book your entertainment. Cefn Tilla Court acts as a blank canvas meaning you can have any entertainment you like. However, Cefn Tilla Court offers Clay Pigeon Shooting – something you won’t find anywhere else.
- Book a florist and flowers based on your chosen colour scheme
- Research and book wedding cake makers. Will you go for sponge, fruit, chocolate, or something different like a cheese wedding cake?
- If you didn’t find your perfect dress at your last appointments, make sure you find and purchase a wedding dress soon.
- Once your dress is sorted, purchase your wedding shoes, underwear and accessories.
- Decide on your wedding favours.
- Book your wedding hairdresser and make-up artist. Make sure you find someone who specialises in wedding hair and make-up.
Wedding Day Checklist: 3-6 months before you get married:
- Take your bridesmaids shopping for their dresses.
- Grooms – choose your suit and take your ushers or groomsmen shopping for their suit fittings.
- Find and purchase your perfect wedding rings together.
- Decide where you would like to go on your honeymoon and book it.
- Book your wedding night accommodation. Cefn Tilla Court has a range of accommodation styles from holiday cottages, to glamping huts, and of course a luxury bridal room.
- Decide on whether you will have readings, poems and/or speeches.
- Agree your order of service with your vicar or registrar.
- Create a register or wedding list and circulate with your guests.
- Get romantic and write your vows.
Wedding Day Checklist: 0-3 months before you get married:
- Send out your official wedding invitations
- Make an appointment and attend a wedding dress fitting
- Wear your wedding shoes around the house – you don’t want to be walking down the aisle with blisters.
- Write your speeches and give some guidelines to guests who will be giving a speech.
- Book an appointment for a trial run for your hair and make-up.
- Apply for your marriage license.
- Make sure your maid of honour and best man organise fantastic stag and hen dos. If you’re looking to do something a bit different, Cefn Tilla Court offer clay pigeon shooting days which can be enjoyed by everyone!
Wedding Day Checklist: 7 days until you get married:
- Check your RSVP list and confirm numbers with the suppliers.
- Make sure your bridesmaid and ushers know every detail of the day so they can keep everything running smoothly.
- Ring all your suppliers to confirm timings, numbers, colours, and all the details or your order or booking.
- Pick up your suits if you have hired them
- Visit your wedding dress boutique and make sure it fits.
- Book in a spa day, manicure, and pedicure to relax and look forward to your big day.
Hopefully this handy wedding day checklist will prepare you for your big day and ensure you keep organised. If you’ve just got engaged, give Cefn Tilla Court a call on 01291 672595 to arrange a visit to our unique venue, and to find out more about how we can help you on your wedding day.